Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's 9:02 a.m. Do you know where your kids are?

Does anyone remember these public service announcements from when they were kids? I think it may have been an NYC affiliate thing we saw on our boob tube in New Jersey growing up. (Along with my personal favorite, the fabric pill puppets who sang the song 'This is serious! We can make you delirious! You should have a healthy fear of us. Too much of us is dangerous. No...no...no...no! Doctors tell the pharmacy. What the pills are that you will need.' And I can't remember the rest of the song, but seriously, it's weird enough that I remember that much from circa 1978.)

And, Ooh! I found it on Youtube:




Anyway, the fog is out. It is after 9 a.m. My children and other half are all still asleep.

So while it is lovely to have the quiet morning to myself, I cannot help but think it a wee bit of a cruel joke that I was unable to sleep past 7:30 on such a day.

*Edited to add: I received a call from my sister while posting. My Mom is in the hospital. I am very hopeful that what is going on with her means that it is treatable and that she will be okay, but with my Mom's past health history, I am not sure. She is apparently in a great deal of pain and my Father is naturally very upset. I am not yet sure if I need to fly there. Please, please spare an extra good thought, prayer, or lit candle for her. I am very worried.

2 comments:

sarah said...

Love how often you post. Cant believe you kids can sleep past 9, Charlie woke up at 545 asking for a popscicle, should have never bought those damn molds rocket thingys.
so sorry to hear about your mom, she will def. be in my thoughts.
I took 4 advil, went to bed around 6 and woke up feeling pretty much normal. sad i missed you guys last night...next week for sure

gwendomama said...

that makes me want to eat them.

little plush pills singing?

come on. admit it.
you want a taste.

Sitemeter