Monday, March 22, 2010

A Quick EEG Update

This day was T-I-R-I-N-G, to say the least, but we got through it.
I received the results from the neurologist this afternoon and was told that there were no obvious signs of Landau Kleffner syndrome.
He does, however, have what he called a 'rare right wave spike on the right frontal lobe that is consistent with children who have autism.' Haven't done any research on this yet, but he said it puts him at a higher risk for one day having seizures. At this point, however, he feels he still has a good chance of NOT having seizures. Not sure what science leads him to feel that way, but this is what he said.

The other half and I will make a follow up appointment with him soon to discuss the various medications available to kids like M and to learn more about their pros and cons.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

little miss mel said...

AGH! I was gone a day and look what happens! So glad you guys are on the other side of the EEG and that his results are "normal." Hoping you can get some solid answers from the doc when you both meet with him soon!

burgiboogie said...

I hope you guys find something that helps. I wish there were more answers for our kid's issues.

Sitemeter