Friday, January 8, 2010

Frustration

I left a message at 10 am this past Monday morning for the new special education director of our school district. I left a message at 10 am on Thursday for her. I also left a message at 1:30 pm today. Guess what? I still haven't heard back from her!
I'm getting weird vibes from M's teacher, so I have a strong hunch the director is gathering as much ammo against us as she can before we speak...but how freaking unprofessional is she being by not getting back to me?

And here's one for the 'she-really-said-that?' files...one of M's aides who has in the past expressed interest in learning about some of the biomedical stuff we are doing with him used my past discussions about PANDAS and strep titers in a most inappropriate manner...
M had a VERY bad day on Tuesday following a night when he woke up at 4 am and kept the rest of us up as well. When I went to pick him up, one aide said to me, 'He is being nasty. Just nasty! He is really lashing out at everyone.' And then the other aide in this whiny-ass voice said, 'Yeah, he scratched me really hard. It made me bleed and hurt a lot.' And the kicker...'I probably shouldn't ask you this, but do I need to be worried about that bacteria you told me he might have?'

I paused with furrowed brow wondering if I'd really heard her ask such a dumbass question. I finally could only respond with a 'Whu?? No!' I told the other half that I wished I'd been quicker and actually said, 'No, you don't need to worry about the bacteria, but you should probably worry about the very rare South African Wamu Wamu disease that he has.'

She's a dumbass...

They are all dumbasses...

Am I being too harsh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry they are dumbasses :(. You were not too harsh at all and probably much nicer than I would have been

cassy said...

These people are educators? Special educators no less?? Too harsh....um, no!

Rebekah said...

no...they are dumbasses. stupid and tactless.

Sitemeter