Thursday, October 15, 2009

Grab A Tissue

It has been a blessing to have met and connected with so many other parents of children with special needs via the Internet. One such friend, Valerie in Australia, wrote the lyrics and put together the montage for the video below.

I admit to doing some of my not-so-pretty sobbing while watching this. Even as a parent of a child with autism, sometimes I am not as empathetic as I should be to M. It is a very difficult thing to try and understand how something as seemingly benign as the wind, or too much noise could send someone into a complete tailspin; but this is what it is like for many people with autism.

I love you, M, and I promise to do better by you; to understand you, to help ease your fears, and to make you feel safe and secure.

No comments:

Sitemeter