Friday, May 29, 2009

Autism Mothers

Someone posted this on one of the support boards I read. I had no idea what it was even about before watching it, but something about the music paired with the faces of all these Moms who have kids with autism...it was just too much. I had myself a good, cleansing cry and then went to the Autism File website to see what this was all about.

How did we all get here? We never saw this coming. We did not plan for having a child with such a unique disability. We did not know that our lives would be turned upside down and that we would lose a lot of our prior selves...while gaining a new self; a self that sees this crazy world in a totally different light.

Ahh...I don't want to be one of the statistics! I don't want my child to be one of the statistics!! And yet, here I am, so I need to make the best of it and do all I can to help my beautiful boy. I am grateful for the other Moms of Autism I have met. I could not do this without them.

3 comments:

Alicia D said...

I love what you wrote. i dont think i can watch the video, as im pms'ing. i think ive cried about 4 times today already for no good reason! LOL! BTW, first time on your blog, and lovin' it :)

Mama Deb said...

Thanks for stopping by, Alicia!

gwendomama said...

I couldn't finish it. Too much crying.

Sitemeter